Spire Solicitors LLP is one of the largest legal firms in the region, with head offices in the heart of Norwich, in the picturesque Cathedral Close, and six regional offices spread throughout Norfolk, including offices in Attleborough, Aylsham, Dereham, Diss, Watton and Wymondham,
We require a highly conscientious person to provide outstanding assistance to our Compliance team in our Norwich office.
This successful candidate will work closely with the Head of Compliance, the Compliance Officer – Legal Practice, Compliance Officer – Finance and Administration and Money Laundering Reporting Officer to ensure that the firm complies with its regulatory obligations.
Duties will include:
- Dealing with day-to-day queries from colleagues on compliance issues;
- Undertaking AML checks in support of fee earners/secretaries; and otherwise supporting the Compliance team in relation to file opening of new clients and matters;
- Reviewing legal files for compliance issues (which arise) and writing up reviews where follow up action may be required;
- Supporting the monitoring activities of the firm on a daily, monthly, quarterly basis, including use of the Compliance register [Riliance] to record developments;
- Assisting with the review of policies and procedures and the development of standard operating procedures and templates;
- Undertaking or assisting with ad hoc projects for the Compliance team, including research where directed; and
- Assisting the Head of Compliance in carrying out the wider duties of the Compliance team from time to time.
The successful candidate will have excellent time management, organisational, IT and communication skills, a willingness to learn new skills, and exceptional attention to detail. The role will suit someone with a positive and flexible approach and an ability to remain calm under pressure in order to protect the image and ethos of the firm at all times.
Previous experience working within a legal firm or wider compliance role would be an advantage, but is not essential.
This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled and determined individual to join a leading firm and further develop their career.
If you are interested in applying, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com.