The agricultural sector currently faces more challenges than ever before. Many businesses are turning to farm diversification to generate extra income.
Our specialist agricultural solicitors have built an outstanding reputation and can provide trusted and expert advice on the opportunities and complexities involved in diversification.
Drawing on expertise from across the firm, we are proud to provide a fully comprehensive service to farmers and landowners looking to move into new business sectors such as tourism, hospitality, and retail.
Diversification projects usually required expert legal advice from the beginning. This ranges from planning permission to third party negotiations and regulatory compliance. It is also very important to consider personal effects through asset protection and succession planning.
The comprehensive farm diversification service includes
- Property: Our property teams will review documents to ensure the proposed venture is allowed. This includes checking to see if it breaches any restrictive covenants or if landlord consent is required.
- Wills, Tax & Probate: We will ensure that projects are set up in a tax-efficient way for both the client and their beneficiaries. We know that the long-term survival of a business and the preservation of wealth is reliant upon strategic succession planning.
- Corporate & Commercial: Our specialist corporate and commercial solicitors will work with tax specialists to provide advice on using a business structure for the new venture which is tax efficient and implements plans for succession. They can also provide further advice and guidance on commercial agreements and sector-specific issues, such as data protection.
- Finance: Our highly regarded banking and finance team can advise on possible finance options and ensure they meet the legal and regulatory requirements as well as ensuring risk is kept to a minimum.
- People Services: Our People Services team can advise on all aspects of employment law from drafting contracts to advising on policies.
If you are looking to broaden your business beyond traditional farming, get in touch with our team now.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN…
Our specialist Banking and Finance team bring together expertise from acting for both lender and borrower clients involved in a wide range of transactions. Now and then, most businesses need an injection of capital.
We are the third generation of our partnership to have used your solicitors, and the continuation of knowledge and understanding or our business has provided invaluable.
Mr & Mr Chapman, Attleborough
Always willing to help, go that extra mile to solve any issues. Friendly and helpful team.
Legal 500, 2022
Due to the challenges of working with covid, Sarah and Carl both did an amazing job navigating uncharted territory.
Mr Curran, Swainsthorpe