Corporate and Commercial Law
Our corporate and commercial department handles all aspects of commercial work, acting for a wide range of business sizes, from small start-ups to larger and more established companies based in the region.
Having also an understanding of business realities, we aim to be considered not only as your legal adviser but also as one of your commercial partners.
The work of our commercial team includes:
- Establishing new businesses – which could include assisting with joint ventures, partnership and Limited Liability Partnership (“LLP”) documentation and other agreements
- Buying an existing business
- Selling your business
- Drafting commercial documents and contracts, including:purchase / sale / supply agreements; manufacturing, distribution, franchising and agency agreements; trial, pilot, research and development contracts; and supply terms and conditions of business.
- Advising on legal aspects of current businesses and reviewing existing contracts
- Involvement in business sale, purchase, restructuring, or expansion
- Advice on the impact of changes to business law
- Forming a company
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate Restructure
- Shareholders’ Agreements
- Commercial Contracts
- Commercial Agreements
- Partnership Agreements
- Business Lasting Power of Attorney
- Succession Planning for Business Owners
Our 250 year history has seen us provide legal advice to regional businesses that have grown to be world exporters or leaders in their market sectors.
Whether you are just starting a business and want some advice on the best ways to advance your business or if you are looking at restructuring your current your business, our team of friendly professionals are here to help.
Corporate and Commercial Law Testimonials
I would like to say how impressed I was with the speed of the service. Following my initial enquiry made by email at 16:25 I received a response at 18:56 by email. My follow up queries were dealt with in equally swift fashion and having appointed your firm to carry out the work the engagement documentation followed by email the same day. The fully comprehensive report was received within the given timescale and was very extensive and tremendously helpful in allowing me to make a decision being in full receipt of all the facts. A pleasure to deal with and highly efficient.
Paul Simpson, TaxAssist Accountants franchisee
Matt Downing has been instrumental in supporting Centurion Safety Products and myself in the recent transformation and modernisation. Coming on to our 140th anniversary year as a Thetford based designer and manufacturer, we had a task in front of us to create partnerships for our next phase of growth. Matt and the team have helped us execute these partnerships on both the customer and supplier side. We have been advised on relationships in the UK, USA, China and Taiwan. Our leadership team continue to be impressed with Spire’s speed and pragmatism in their advice and hands on support. We trust Spire to the extent we link them straight to the counsel of our new customers or suppliers if necessary without concern or hesitation. Thanks Matt.
Jeff Ward, Centurion
The service was very straight forward & simple. All matters that needed addressing were addressed in a timely manner.
Mr Wright, Ryan Wright Services