IMPORTANT LEGAL NOTICE
ATTENTION: This legal notice applies to the entire contents of this Website: www.spiresolicitors.co.uk (“Website”) and any correspondence by email between us and you.
Please read these Website Terms and Conditions (Terms) carefully before using this Website.
Use by you of this Website establishes, and is strictly on the basis of, agreement in full by you, on your own behalf and on behalf of anyone you represent, to these terms. Do not use this Website if you do not accept these Terms.
1.1 We reserve the right to amend these Terms at any time by amendment to the version posted on the Website and any subsequent use by you of the Website will be taken as acceptance by you of these Terms in their amended state.
- You may access most areas of this Website without registering your details with us.
- You agree that, in visiting and navigating around this Website:
- you will use this Website for your own lawful personal or business use and not act in any way that amounts to a breach of any law and will fully indemnify and hold us harmless against all claims or demands or other consequences of any breach of this provision;
- you will not upload onto any area of this Website any images, graphics, text, hyperlinks, machine readable code or other content that amounts to a breach of the rights, including intellectual property rights, of others and/or which may breach reasonable standards of morality, decency and respect for the interests of others to be treated with civility and/or which may breach the rights in law of others not to be defamed and/or which may breach any right in law whatsoever and shall hold harmless ourselves against all claims and demands that may relate in any way to such content;
- you will not upload onto any area of this Website any information, whether as to your identity, the purpose of your visit or otherwise, that is not truthful and honest; and
- you will not upload to this Website or create or increase any risk of the uploading by others, or otherwise expose this Website or any email address disclosed on it, to the risk of a visit or action by any virus, trojan, autobot or other form of malware of any description, and will keep us at all times fully indemnified against any loss or damage resulting from any such upload or risk.
- You are permitted to print and download extracts from this Website for your own use on the following basis:
(a) no documents or related graphics on this Website are modified in any way;
(b) no graphics on this Website are used separately from accompanying text;
(c) Spire’s copyright and trademark notices and this permission notice appear in all copies; and
(d) any such use is for your own personal use only and no materials shall be used for any commercial purposes whatsoever.
- Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on this Website (including without limitation photographs and graphical images) are owned by Spire or its licensors.
- You recognise that we own all intellectual property rights in the content on this Website and the look and feel of the Website, and your use of the Website does not give you any right, title or interest in any of the Website content or the Website or the intellectual property rights in it. You agree that you will not, either do or assist or permit others to do, anything that breaches our intellectual property rights.
- For the purposes of this legal notice, any use of extracts from this Website other than in accordance with paragraph 3.1 above for any purpose is prohibited. If you breach any of the terms in this legal notice, your permission to use this Website automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed extracts from this Website. You may also be liable to indemnify us against any losses we incur as a result of the use of this Website or any information extracted from it.
- Subject to paragraph 3.1, no part of this Website may be reproduced or stored in any other Website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without Spire’ prior written permission. Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
4.1 While Spire endeavours to ensure that this Website is normally available 24 hours a day, Spire shall not be liable if for any reason this Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to this Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond Spire’ control.
- THIRD PARTY LINKS
5.1 Links to third party Websites on this Website are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave this Website. Spire has not reviewed all of these third-party Websites and does not control and is not responsible for these Websites or their content or availability. Spire therefore does not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third-party Websites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
6.1 While Spire endeavours to ensure that the information on this Website is correct, Spire does not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on this Website. Spire may make changes to the material on this Website, or to the services described in it, at any time without notice. The material on this Website may be out of date, and Spire makes no commitment to update such material.
6.2 The material on this Website is provided “as is”, without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, Spire provides you with this Website on the basis that Spire excludes all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill) which but for this legal notice might have effect in relation to this Website.
6.3 Where any information is provided on this Website or in any newsletter or similar correspondence, we may send you at any time, such materials are provided for general information and reference purposes only and should not be relied upon. You should seek specific legal advice in relation to any query you may have, and we shall not be liable for any action you take or failure to act following a review of the information placed on the Website.
7.1 Spire, any other party (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering this Website), and any of Spire’s partners, employees or agents of any of them, exclude all liability and responsibility for:
(a) any loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise), directly or indirectly, from your visit to this Website, or through access from this Website, whether a Website that is linked from this Website, or any Website that masquerades as our Website or from data and information appearing through data sharing technologies, or from your use of less than the optimal encryption security, anti-virus or anti-spam protection or other similar procedures, including measures to protect your personal identity, in your browser or e-mail program, or otherwise the manner and procedures you adopt when browsing around the Web; and
(b) any loss or damage resulting directly or indirectly, for any action or lack of action by you as a result of information or materials appearing on this Website, which appears for general information only and is not a comprehensive analysis on any subject. Accessing or acting upon our Website content does not imply any duty of care is being assumed by us nor any client-relationship. The content of this Website in no way represents our legal advice to you or other clients or third parties, and we specifically exclude all responsibility and liability for any reliance placed on this Website’s content. To obtain legal advice from us, you must contact us directly to register as a client and obtained tailored legal advice from one of lawyers directly.
7.2 Nothing in this legal notice shall exclude or limit Spire’s liability for:
(a) death or personal injury caused by negligence (as such term is defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977); or
(b) fraud; or
(c) misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or
(d) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
7.3 If your use of material on this Website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment, software or data, you assume all costs thereof.
8. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
8.1 In the event that any term is held to be invalid by a decision of a court of competent authority, the remainder of these Terms shall remain valid and enforceable.
8.2 This legal notice shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with this legal notice shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
8.3 This Website is based in England and is intended for users in the UK. We make no representations that the materials and Website are suitable for users outside England and Wales, and if you choose to access the Website from outside of England or Wales you are solely responsible for ensuring compliance with all relevant local laws, and you hereby indemnify us from any liability arising in connection with your use and access to the Website.