Charities & Social Enterprise
Charity law is an interesting and rapidly expanding area of the law. There are more than 165,000 charities presently operating in England and Wales and this figure is expected to increase in the coming years with more and more people becoming involved as trustees, fundraisers or supporters.
Here at Spire Solicitors LLP we offer a comprehensive range of legal services to charities and social enterprises. We understand the unique challenges of the charity and social enterprise sector. We know that each client is different, and our flexible approach coupled with advanced specialist knowledge of this expanding sector means we can offer a tailored charity legal service.
We offer assistance from each of our seven offices throughout Norfolk, utilising teams across the firm to provide your organisation with the advice and support it needs.
Our expert charity legal services team offers a range of specialist charity services, including:
- Setting up charities
- The rules and limits of charitable status
- Alternatives to charitable status
- Charity administration
- Initial and subsequent funding
- Mergers and asset transfers
- The powers and duties of trustees
- Dealing with regulatory bodies, including the Charity Commission
- Employment matters, contracts and policies
- Property matters, planning and construction
Our charities and social enterprise team will work closely with you to ensure that your charity is achieving its goals and objectives.